SMBonline NetTeller Password Self-Reset
Southwest Missouri Bank provides you with the option to reset your SMBonline Internet banking password (PIN) without bank assistance. To ensure the security of your online banking experience with SMB, we lock your account after three invalid attempts to log in with an incorrect password. We understand that the extra security we have in place with our passwords can sometimes cause you frustration when you forget your password and have to contact the bank to get it reset. This benefit in SMBonline NetTeller helps to get you back up and banking faster and easier than ever before.
Before you can use the Reset Password option, you must first create a Personal Question and Personal Answer using the Options tab inside SMBonline NetTeller. Log in to NetTeller and click on the Options link in the main tool bar. The Personal Options screen includes Personal Question and Personal Answer input fields for both the question and the answer. This information will be used to confirm a Password Reset request. While you are there, make sure your email address is correct; a correct e-mail address is required in the event you need to reset your password.
You are now ready to reset your own password. Should you forget your password or want to reset it, follow these steps:
- Click on the Reset Password link found on the login page for SMBonline NetTeller.
- Provide your SMBonline ID, e-mail address, and e-mail subject information. When you have completed the form, click the Submit button.
- An e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address we have on file for you. The subject will be the same as what you just provided in the form and will contain a link back to a confirmation page. The help link ("what's this?") explains the E-mail Subject entry field will be to the right of the "E-mail Subject" field. This secure link page is only valid for one use and only two hours after you submitted your request to reset your password.
- The secure link page will request your SMBonline ID and the answer to your Personal Question. Enter the correct information and click the Submit button.
- You will see the message "Your PASSWORD has been reset to your original PASSWORD. Click below to log in." Click on the Login button to go to the SMBonline login page.
- Login using your original (default) password, and then change it when you are prompted on the next screen.
If you have questions regarding SMBonline NetTeller Internet banking, PowerPay online bill payment, or our Cash Management online services for business customers, please call our Customer Service Center.