Mobile Deposit FAQs
Got questions? We’ve got answers. And, if you don’t find what you’re looking for, chat with us, send us a secure message within your SMBonline NetTeller, or give us a call at 800.943.8488.
Would you like to read the full Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions?
Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit checks from your SMB Mobile App – anywhere in the United States. To make a deposit, simply take pictures of the front and back of an endorsed check.
Because it’s the convenient, secure and smart way to make deposits. Anywhere you have a data connection to the Internet, you can deposit checks. That’s 24/7 convenience. You can also deposit checks immediately, so there is less chance of them being lost or stolen. That’s smart security. That’s Mobile Deposit.
Checks must be endorsed with “Mobile Deposit Only” followed by your signature.
All you need is your iPhone, iPad, or Android with our SMB Mobile App! Make sure you have the latest version of our app.
Enroll yourself by selecting Deposits from the menu in your SMB Mobile app. We'll ask some basic information and then tap Done. We will review your registration and send you an email to let you know you've been enrolled.*
Once you are enrolled, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your app
- Select “Deposits” from the menu
- Read and accept our Terms and Conditions and you’re ready to go!
* Rules and restrictions apply.
To deposit a check, simply:
- Select "Deposits" from your navigation menu.
- Tap "Deposit a Check".
- Tap the images and take pictures of the front and back of your endorsed check. Checks must be endorsed with "Mobile Deposit Only" and your signature.
- Enter the check amount into the "Check Amount" field.
- Select the account into which you want to deposit your check.
Deposits submitted before 5 PM CST on a Business Banking Day will generally be available the next business day.
You can deposit personal and payroll checks, money orders, U.S. Treasury checks and travelers checks made payable to you and drawn on a bank within the United States.
International checks, U.S. savings bonds, convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit), third party checks, joint payee checks, and cash are not eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Only one check per deposit. This is because each check is considered a separate deposit. However, you can make multiple deposits in a single mobile session. You may deposit up to three checks, totaling no more than $1,500 on any given banking day and up to 10 checks totaling no more than $5,000 in any given month.
Tap the information icon to see your limits in real time when making a deposit..
No. You will only need to take a picture of the front and back of the check being deposited.
You’ll receive an email confirmation that the deposit has been approved. The check will be posted once the deposit has processed.
After you complete your transaction, hang on to your check for 60 calendar days to make sure it clears with no issue – then destroy it.
Occasionally, deposits can be rejected. When that occurs there are specific reasons for rejecting the deposit. These reasons can include:
- Images unreadable: This means check images cannot be read by the system.
What to do: If this occurs, please take new images and try your deposit again.
- Invalid check type: Includes savings bonds, insurance drafts or foreign checks.
What to do: Please do not deposit these types of items using Mobile Deposit.
- Duplicate check deposit: This means the check has previously been deposited.
What to do: Verify that you have received a previous credit for the deposit.
- Other issues: There may be other issues present with the check, such as a missing endorsement signature or amounts that do not match.
What to do: Please refer to any messages you receive for further instructions.
There is currently no charge for use of Mobile Deposit.
You may be charged access rates depending on your mobile carrier. Internet access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Check with your service carrier for details on specific fees.